Sunday 22 February 2015

Running 101

Running is a very popular exercise as it's not only beneficial to your entire body but your mind. It's also free and requires little to no skill. Meet Alex a 15 year old Irish Runner.




  • When and why did you take up running?

I started running in a club when I was 11 because my older brother trained there and I thought it would be fun.

  • What has your experience been like with running so far?
My experiences with running have been very good in the past, runners are far nicer and 
friendlier than cyclists, triathletes and swimmers from what I can see.

  • Is it as hard as everyone thinks it is?
It mostly isn't as hard as people think it is some people just say that as an excuse for being lazy, although it does require consistent training. the hardest part is actually going out to run..The running itself is fun, but to actually motivate yourself to go outside and do it especially in bad weather is the hardest part.

  • What would you recommend for those who want to start running?
I'd recommend people who want to start running to go to their nearest club with some friends, You'll enjoy going down to it if your friends are there too. Also enter races and competitions because you need to race to improve.

  • Alex's Achievements
7K All-Ireland Champion

7th in British and Irish Mountain running championships


I find having a good pair of earphones takes my mind off running. Click here for my review on the best pair for exercising.


"In running, it doesn't matter whether you come in first, in the middle of the pack, or last. You can say, 'I have finished.' There is a lot of satisfaction in that." -Fred Lebow, NYC marathon co-founder.

No comments:

Post a Comment