Sunday 18 January 2015

Smoothie Sunday #3

There's been so much hype lately over green smoothies and their benefits so I decided to share my favourite recipe with you.



You might find it quite bitter eaten raw which is why I use mango, kiwi and/or banana to sweeten.


Ingredients
  1. Handful of kale.
  2. Handful of frozen mangoes.
  3. 1 pear.
  4. 1 kiwi.
  5. 1 banana.
  6. 1 cup of coconut water/ regular H20.
Recipe

Chop up all ingredients and blend until desired consistency. Feel free to modify accordingly.

The reason why green smoothies are given so much hype is because of the green superfood. In this recipe it's kale, a green vegetable low in calories, high in fibre and zero fat. It contains more iron than beef. It can lower cholesterol levels. It is high in vitamin K thus protecting us from various cancers. It's a great detox food that's included in many juice cleanses. There are a lot of benefits to this superfood if it's eaten raw. 

Do you make green smoothies? Have you ever tried kale? Will you be trying this out?

"The more colorful the food, the better. I try to add color to my diet, which means vegetables and fruits."





1 comment:

  1. Hi everyone I'm Mrs. ALEKSI TAISIYA, My husband divorced me 2 years ago to live with another woman and I have tried to have him back but I could not, so I tried to do many things to get him back and he refuse to come back. One faithful Friday morning, I visit a forum for tips on how to get your ex back, and there I saw a lady testifying on how Dr.AKHERE helped her to get her husband back after he was tied down with a spell by another woman. Although I never believed in spiritual work I reluctantly tried him because I was desperate and I contact him and explain my problems to him, to my greatest surprise Dr.AKHERE helped me to bring back my husband after 5days and now my relationship is more perfect just as he promised. Getting your ex back permanently does not only bring back someone you love but it will also re-unite your lovers' feelings. My husband now treats me like a Queen and always says he loves me all the time. If you are passing through difficulties in your relationship, Doctor AKHERE can help solve marital problems, restore broken relationships and do some other things. I can assure you he's highly potent and reliable. Email him for urgent help [AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com ] or +2349057261346 .

    ReplyDelete